Let me start by saying, this happened in the week I was suffering from food poisoning. I had been working from home in an attempt to not take sick leave, my Dr later told me off for that and said I had to just rest. So my blog got updated instead ? Food poisoning is not something I have ever had before, this has given me a new appreciation for anyone who has had to suffer through it. I want to just crawl into a hole and never come back out, providing it has a flushable toilet of course.
So on raid night I got a message from my Queen Nelly asking if I could tank. Feeling like death on a corndog stick I said sure, why not? I can give it a crack. Thankfully I still had my full weak aura tanking pack and DBM would let me know when I needed to do something I am sure. I had done all my raiding research as tank initially before Aaron returned so I wasn’t completely out of clues. I let her and Aaron know I might be a little slow due to the illness situation.
We managed to get all the way to Za’Qul (we didn’t get him down sadly but that was not due to any of my idiocies). Apophis also decided to come along and have a play, he had done LFR earlier in the week and so knew at least the first 3 bosses, I totally expected him to leave after we completed them however he stayed with us through them all. It was pretty cool. Now I just have to convince Moryrt to get back into it and my WoW life will be complete again.
- Shivara – I kept forgetting to run the stuff out after Aaron taunted. I think I managed to remember on my own maybe 3 times. Like a dumb arse.
- Behemoth – I let Aaron die by accident as I wasn’t watching his debuff closely enough and he took a hit he shouldn’t have.
- Radiance – The most horrid of fights and we killed it, except for the one bit where I taunted the boss just as a whirlwhind got dumped on me and threw me in the air. EEP!!!
- Ashvane – I had zero idea what was going on and just every time Aaron told me to taunt I did until he took it back ? Solid theory.
- Orgozoa – Thankfully (this one sounded horrific) it worked out almost perfectly that we taunted on 6 stacks and I had the boss whilst Aaron grabbed the adds. It made it super smooth except for the one time we got the taunts muddled and our stacks went to 9. Right as he transitioned, and me saying “Na, I am ok”. I died. LOLZZ
- The Queen’s Court – I messed up big time with this one. On our first taunt swap I moved the boss and not ourselves. The bosses are supposed to stay in the same place and we just move. But now I am confused about how it should be done, I don’t get it. Ultimately we made it more difficult for the raid and the healers but we did kill them one shot!
- Za’qul – All I did was make sure I was standing on Aaron when we had the blue connecting line and taunted adds. At one point I hit my taunt button and hadn’t even checked my target, then I freaked out – what if it had been the boss?!!?! Thank got it wasn’t!! We didn’t kill this one but that doesn’t surprise me – it is a confusing fight.
I didn’t bother getting any other images because I figured you don’t need to see all the same boss kills just with a purple butt! I did mean to get a picture with Apophis whilst on break but I wasn’t back fast enough from a sickness bout. There will hopefully be a next time.
Stupidly I also got too excited about having enough of the reliquaries so I clicked them whilst in tank spec…and not boomy!!! ? booooo. I feel super stupid tbh. On the upside I tanked a crap tonne of bosses, made minimal mistakes, didn’t get too many of the raid killed and we didn’t wipe! Win win!! It was fun to be tanking it and next time the guild needs me will just be that much easier.