WoW Economy Weekly Wrap-Up
Hello! Welcome to the 123rd edition of the WoW Economy Weekly Wrap-up!
We highlighted previously in the Wowhead Economy Wrap up 120 about Professions in Shadowlands and what it means for us Gold Makers. Mighty YouTube veteran BellularGaming has released a video going over his perspective on Shadowlands Professions and it looks like he is as excited as we are!
The points he covers listing positive aspects on professions ..
- Player Agency in deciding stats and looks.
- Interconectedness between Professions.
- Return to Classic feeling with return to Oils and Armor Patches.
- Removal of RNG elements.
- No sign of BoP reagents.
- Potential for Torghast specific items.
- Boost to the economy with in-demand items.
On a personal note, I wholeheartedly agree with these points and am looking forward to Shadowlands and Professions and exploring how they all work with each other. What do you think based on what we know so far?
Continuing on the theme of Professions, BregVids has another video talking about Tailoring in BfA…
Tailoring is one of those professions where having the full depth of every expansion really helps with gold making. There are many niches of items throughout which makes it an interesting profession to explore and make gold with.
Beginner Gold Guide
Modest Millions has released a handy little guide covering some gold making basics for those new to the game and/or gold making and what sort of methods you can do as you get started on your journey ..
Basics of the video are :
Questing Gold / World quest gold– this is underrated however for alot of people this is sufficient and will make a steady stream of gold.
Professions– this part goes over the different types of professions. Gathering and Crafting and how to pair them to optimize for newer players just getting started.
Raw Gold– this is covering the usefulness of raw gold farms in starting to gain a stockpile of gold to begin working in flipping and investments.
Auction House– goes over some basics about the AH and how to start getting your feet wet buying and reselling items as well as selling items crafted and gathered.
This guide will be followed by 2-3 MUCH more detailed guides working through higher levels of gold making. As well as a terminology guide as well as specific guides for the more intricate gold making methods. With the huge number of returning players and new players to the game. Understanding these foundations can make the path to gold making much less stressful and daunting. Enjoy! Happy Goldmaking and I hope this helps you on the way to your gold making goals!
Following on from one of these methods, Kraken Latte has released a video testing the raw gold potential in the Legion Raids and Dungeons now that the loot system has been changed for potential farmers and collectors.
The consensus thus far has been that the Legion Dungeon and Raids are ok, but not as good as some of the older raw gold farms from WoD and Pandaria. The scaling is a little too close at this stage, so the ability to run through and one-shot everything is not quite there yet. The big deciding factor however, is the lack of weapon drops which usually have a significant gold value to vendors.
Super Squirt Day for NA Realms
If you are reading this on the day it is published (May 3rd) and are in the NA region then today is Super Squirt Day! What is this you ask? Well, it’s like when planets align and the daily Garrison Pet Battle opponent Squirt lines up with the Sign of the Critter event and the Pet level XP bonus makes it really easy to level pets. Sadly, EU will not see this for another 99 days.
Why would you do this? Well, as a gold maker the general idea is that max level pets sell for more than level 1 pets, particularly those that are in high demand. Look out for a lot of pet trading going on around this event. Remember, pets are the one thing that can be bought on one server, caged and then sold on another. It is a great way of maximising prices and moving gold around servers, Just don’t expect instant sales, sometime these can take a while to shift.
WTBGold has a great video explaining the whole thing ..
TSM Premium Free for 30 Days
Have you ever considered the benefits of the Premium version of TSM? The TSM team have released a 30 day code so you can try it out!
What do I get with TradeSkillMaster Premium?
- Peace of mind, with automated remote backups of all your TSM profiles, groups, operations and accounting data. In the event of data loss, or moving to a new system, you won’t have to worry about rebuilding your TSM configuration from the ground up. Check your latest backups and mark up to 20 as ‘saved’ so they’ll never be removed.
- A competitive edge, with priority beta access to future addon, application and website updates. TSM version 4.10 is around the corner and will be tested before officially launching
- Quality of life, with Great Deal searching directly in-game, no need to leave the Auction House. Head to the Shopping tab and search with a click
- High level visibility, with unlimited region-wide item notifications and Black Market Auction House alerts. Search our site for your missing piece of Vanilla Tier 3 armor to see which realm(s) it is currently listed on, and enable BMAH alerts for your Realm or Region.
- Additional perks, with ad-free site browsing and recognition in our Discord server. Sync your TSM Account with our bot on Discord to get a golden name, plus access to a private off-topic chat for Premium members.
Head on over to their blog linked above to get your code.
Getting to 50 Skill Points in BfA Alchemy
u/tuazo has a fantastic little guide for getting specifically to BfA Level 50 in order to do the often lucrative Herbs to Anchors Transmute. With all these fresh new alts around, this could be a cost effective way to gain a little gold on the side.
What you need:
- 143 Gold (assumes no earned BfA reputation)
- 75 Riverbud
- 75 Siren’s Pollen
- Visit the Alchemy Trainer and (if needed) learn Alchemy for 10 Copper
- Learn BfA Alchemy for 50 Gold. Note: This includes Rank 1 of both Coastal Healing and Coastal Mana Potions
- Make 25 of Coastal Healing Potion ( 75 Siren’s Pollen)
- Make 25 of Coastal Mana Potion ( 75 Riverbud)
- Your Alchemy should now be a 37 40.
- Learn Rank 1 Coastal Rejuvenation Potion for 25 Gold
- Learn Rank 2 Coastal Rejuvenation Potion for 33 Gold
- Create 10 (or you can do all 25) Rank 2 Coastal Rejuvenation Potions
Your Alchemy is now 50 or higher. Learn Transmute Herbs to Anchors for 35 Gold.
That’s it, you now have another Alchemist ready to make the daily Bag of Anchors. Now all you need to do is stock your new Alchemist with more herbs to do the transmute. As an added bonus I’ll even include the command to add this recipe to your action bar so you don’t need to go searching for it:
Take careful note of the prices of your source herbs though to make sure this remains a profit on your server!
Most of this information was discussed and originally posted on the /r/woweconomy subreddit or in the accompanying Discord Server. You can also catch me streaming live on Twitch on Sunday from around 7PM GMT UK Time (2pm Eastern Time) for the WoW Economy Weekly Wrap-up live on Wowhead.com, or you can tweet your feedback/thoughts via Twitter at @SamadanPlaysWoW
I hope you found this useful and If you have any suggestions or feedback, please do say so in the comments below..
Until next time, Happy Goldmaking!